Sunday, December 31, 2006

Grand URBANA Adventure Day Four

We were allowed to sleep in half an hour later than normal this morning as morning Bible studies didn't start until 9 AM. I again skipped out on the morning Bible study and grabbed some breakfast (I mean real breakfast, not donuts). Had an excellent conversation with a young man named Josh from Virginia Tech. We talked a lot about relativism and post modern ideas. Very interesting.
There was not large session Bible study with Ajith this morning as it was a day set aside for fasting and prayer. Stuart and I stayed behind and had one of the best conversations I think I've ever had with him. From there we went and found some lunch as we both decided that since he is sick, and I'm hypglycemic fasting would not be a good idea for either of us.
Finding a place in downtown St. Louis open on Saturday proved to be more difficult than it sounded. We finally landed on what appeared to be the only restaurant open on Saturday and had a big lunch. From there we separated and went to our various different community meetings.
I went to a community meeting entitled Presbyterian Global Fellowship. It seemed like it was (no offense to my older readers) no more than just a lot of old guys talking with not much of a plan. The topic of discussion was how to keep the Presbyterian demonination alive. I'll have more on this topic now but it is interesting to note that there were approximately 25 people at this particular meeting. Of those 25 there were only about five under the age of thirty. Only two people in the 40-50 range. Every one else was sixty or older. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing. I will blog more on this subject later.
After the community meeting I went to a prayer ministry seminar on Sexual healing. As the prayer ministry went over two hours I missed dinner but that was ok as I'd had a large lunch. I am pleased to announce that I did NOT fall asleep through the evening session on this occasion! Yay go me! The first speaker for the evening session was Rick Warren author of the Purpose Driven Life. He gave a talk on defining God's will and purpose for your life and finding your SHAPE. This was interesting as a girlfriend of mine had led me through this program in my support group at school. I've learned that anytime you have any kind of reptivity there's a good chance God is trying to tell you something.
The second speaker was the InterVarsity director for the Philippines. Lisa Espinelli Chinn. She was an amazing speaker who spoke on the need to break cross cultural lines.
Finally another day at URBANA ended. We went back to our hotel rooms where Liz Lowe and I stayed awake until 1 AM making a concerted effort to solve all the worlds problems, or at any rate a few of our own. This has been an amazing adventure and God has completely changed my attitude. I have realzied that I am a NEW CREATION. Hallelujah, praise God.

No comments: