Monday, December 11, 2006

Another one Bites the dust

I just found out another one of my friends is engaged. *Sigh* Another one bites the dust. An old roommate of mine is getting married this Saturday. My sister is getting married in February. Another of my good friends is getting married soon. One of my best friends is also getting married soon. Are we noticing a pattern here?
I enjoy being single. Really I do. OK, now I sound like I'm convincing no one but myself. Most of you have heard me at some preach on being happy while you're single. Just because I am happy in my single hood doesn't mean I don't long for the love a relationship provides. Those of you who have been in a relationship before know what I'm talking about. Once you've had that, it's really hard to not want it again, this time for real.
Someone I know couldn't understand why it was that if I was happy being single I still struggle with the issue of wanting someone. Just because I am happy with where I am doesn't make me immune to the fact that I am a relational female. Fact of the matter is God said it is not good for man to be alone and therefore created woman. Think about the single women you know, even the ones well into their adult years who have all but given up hope of finding someone. They're not immune to the longing either.
Consider for a moment the Apostle Paul, he told Timothy it was better for a man to be single but if he cannot restrain himself than he should be married. Even though Paul wrote these words, I don't think he was immune to a pretty face.
My frustration lies in the fact that every guy I know that I would even remotely consider is either married, engaged, has a girlfriend, I would probably kill him if we even attempted a relationship, or is far and away out of my reach. This is extremely frustrating.
It is also frustrating to be told time and time again that you're intimidating. Apparently guys don't appreciate an intellectually confident woman. Is it the big words? Cause I can quite using those. Fact of the matter is, no one person besides the Lord Jesus Christ can change a person; therefore, it is futile to try. Sorry guys, but the big words are back in, if you don't know them go look it up. I know there is someone out there for me somewhere, but with the rash of weddings going on, it's getting increasingly more frustrating to wait regardless of how much I may enjoy being single.

No comments: