Monday, March 19, 2007

The Art of Speaking Christianese

There have been a few times in my life when I've run into people who, whenever they open their mouths I cringe. They think they have it all figured out. All you have to do is pray more, be in the word more, fellowship with other believers more. To these kinds of people Christianity is a religion about more, doing something more, and then making it sound good. "Well, all you have to do is go to your knees." While these things may be true, when you're in a group of Christians, it's preaching to the choir. These kinds of people are only talking to hear themselves talk. Most of the time, these people are hypocrites. When these people open their mouths, my brain turns off. You know the type, they speak a lot christianese.
I have no problems with making your faith known, however there is a big difference between making your faith known, and beating someone over the head with it. People who preach, need to save it for the pulpit. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I've seen a lot of people who preach and most of the time they have a holier than thou attitude and can't live up to their own standards. I guess what I'm trying to say is two fold. First, think before you speak, it could go miles. Second, Christianity is not a religion of more, it is a religion of faith. We know that, I'm not sure we need to have it beaten over our heads.

No comments: